when someone casually mentions the thing ur obsessed with
Gonna eat the mango my mum bought me and watch the first episode of How to get away with murder!
- THE ENTIRE ROOM OF REQUIREMENT SCENE oh my god, it killed me the first time i read it, i couldn’t believe it was happening. when crabbe and goyle just want to do harry in and malfoy’s like DON’T FUCKING KILL HIM (shockingly, not verbatim) and then harry’s all heroic and saves draco’s life and, of course, the crowning glory of “malfoy was screaming and holding harry so tightly it hurt.” lmao bury me
- malfoy manor!!!!! draco and harry in this chapter oh god oh god the fact that draco 100% knows it’s harry, come on, he’s not fucking stupid, and he just WILL NOT SAY IT. and the whole “[he] seemed as scared of looking at Harry as Harry was of looking at him” like this kid does not want to be the one to hand the boy who lived over to voldemort, no thank you, he’d really rather not. and then harry throws himself over an armchair and wrestles control of the elder wand away from draco. what a pair of dunces
- harry rejecting draco’s handshake dun dun duuuunnn. what an iconic moment. and, in retrospect, absolutely tops. draco has been such a little shit from the beginning, amazing. the way he desperately wants to be harry’s friend but pretends to be really unimpressed, like, SO IT’S YOU, IS IT??? when clearly he’s shaking in his little boots. so uncool. if it wasn’t for crabbe and goyle he’d get beaten up every day of his life.
- draco babbling on about harry in borgin and burkes and lucius being like “you’ve told me this ten fucking times” like i can just imagine him lying with his head in narcissa’s lap being all dramatic and consumptive because their son fancies harry potter and it’s /terrible/. and omg draco though “he’s not even GOOD it’s cos he’s FAMOUS for having a stupid SCAR everyone thinks he’s so SMART wonderful potter with his BROOMSTICK” child you are killing me. why don’t you just pull his pigtails and push him over draco really
- HARRY STALKING DRACO was honestly one of my favourite parts of the series as a whole. the first time i read the line “meanwhile, harry was rapidly becoming obsessed with draco malfoy” i think i momentarily transcended the mortal coil. watching him on the map, staring at him across the hall, talking nonstop to ron and hermione about whether he looked well and how evil he potentially was and if he had a dark mark and ron and hermione being mildly distraught over harry’s rampant obsession and potential sexuality crisis. beautiful. so beautiful
- draco crying in the loo. i know other things happened in this scene, but it’s draco crying in the loo that really stands out. the fact that ron and hermione bop off and harry looks for malfoy on the map, finds him in the loo with myrtle, is so surprised he walks into a suit of armour and then decides HE MUST GO THERE. TO THE LOO. TO SEE MALFOY. i mean really harry this is the gryffindor thing there was no thought process there at all. aaaaand then harry sees draco crying and draco’s like hell no potter and they have an admittedly badass non-verbal duel and then harry slices draco chest open and shit gets real pronto. it’s actually a very short scene all said and done but damn afterwards i was literally sitting there like THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING i was pretty verklempt about it
- THE ASTRONOMY TOWER aaaahhhhhhh!!! aaahhhhhh!!!! it’s not even draco/harry at all, it’s just draco. and harry doing what he does best (secretly watching draco) but wow, wow, i love this scene so much. mainly because harry gets a shitload of info re: draco’s shitty life and gets to pat himself on the back because he’s so good at stalking most of his guesses were right, but also because it’s sort-of the point when harry stops seeing draco as a Schoolboy Nemesis and starts seeing him as an Actual Person and it’s v important to me. like after that he stops thinking of draco with malice entirely and is just kinda vaguely sad. it is sad. i am so sad